The California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office has developed a new program reporting process designed to transform data collection and strengthen equitable student outcomes. It will implement this process statewide across the California Community Colleges in fall 2024 with the first report due in fall 2025.
In fall 2024, the California Community Colleges will launch Vision-Aligned Reporting — a new program reporting approach designed to transform data collection and strengthen equitable student outcomes systemwide. The launch will include the following programs:
- NextUP formally known as Cooperating Agencies Foster Youth Educational Support (CAFYES)
- College and Career Access Pathways (CCAP)/Dual Enrollment
- Disabled Student Programs and Services (DSPS)
- Extended Opportunity Program and Services (EOPS) & Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education (CARE)
- Middle College High School (MCHS)
- Mathematics, Engineering, Science Achievement (MESA)
- Student Equity and Achievement (SEA) Program
- Strong Workforce Local Share
- Transfer Centers
- Veterans Resource Centers
Our goal is simple: ensuring our institutions have the data they need to understand their impact, make adjustments, and continually strive to support student success. That’s why we’re aligning our reporting to focus on critical outcomes identified in Vision 2030, which expands and builds upon the Vision for Success and the Governor's Roadmap. This will help us improve equitable student outcomes in access, support, and success, including closing equity gaps, increasing degree and certificate attainment, increasing transfers to four-year institutions, reducing students’ excess unit accumulation and securing gainful employment.
Vision-Aligned Reporting is a new process to collect and report data that directly aligns to student outcomes. By prioritizing meaningful information, our objectives are threefold:
- Maximize colleges’ time and resources
- Provide colleges with tools to evaluate, learn and evolve to better support student success
- Empower decision-makers to interpret and act on data from our institutions
Our commitment is to focus on data that truly matters. We’ll center on data that highlights the real impact of our work on student outcomes while informing efforts at strategic risk-taking and continuous improvement.
Early Indicators of Success
A cohort of colleges has been actively testing this new reporting approach and providing feedback to help refine the process. Colleges have shared that Vision-Aligned Reporting supports them to identify duplicative efforts and understand how to better leverage resources; examine and reflect on their own data to shape next steps immediately; and make evidence-based decisions to support student success and improve equity outcomes.
Introduction to Vision-Aligned Reporting
This online class is provided through the Vision Resource Center. Login is required.
Class details: Student success is measured by data. So, it should be clear, concise and directly related to student outcomes. Vision-Aligned Reporting is a new approach for college programs to collect and report data on their activities. Aligning data from programs and colleges across the state allows for making informed decisions and improvements that support all students. This introductory module reviews Vision-Aligned Reporting, including an overview of the platform and the data collected, as well as its development and implementation.