A Roadmap for California Community Colleges
Vision 2030 is a collaborative action plan that provides focus, equity, and direction to our community colleges. It guides field practice, removes barriers, fosters policy reform, and supports college implementation. And it responds to technological and environmental changes facing our community while holistically addressing the needs of colleges and students.
Framework for Vision 2030
Our How — Advancing Vision 2030
Vision 2030 advances California Community Colleges’ work improving student outcomes while focusing on key strategic areas.
People — Active partnership with people in the field to guide practice and provide data, technical assistance and needed supports.
Systems — Systems Development to remove barriers at scale. Examples: data systems and common ERP, common course numbering and intersegmental learning management.
Resources — Lead state, federal and philanthropic development to support fiscal sustainability and maximize local resources.
Policy — Identify and advance policy reform across state, federal, Title V and local district policies to unlock potential.
Vision 2030 Dates and Opportunities to Engage
There will continue to be multiple opportunities for students, faculty, staff and the public to learn more about Vision 2030 and to provide viewpoints and feedback. A number of convenings will be held on college campuses around the state to take deep dives into areas such as equitable bachelor’s degree attainment, better serving working adult learners and our system’s expanding role in climate change resiliency and adaption. Systemwide webinars and other opportunities are listed below, and you can also provide your feedback.
Events by Month
January 22 - Final Vision 2030 revisions presented in a report to the Board of Governors
- December 6 - Vision 2030 System Webinar: Year-End Reflection and Summary of 2023
- November 1 - Vision 2030 System Webinar: A Focus on Equity in Support
- November 7 - Generative AI in Higher Education Webinar - Generative AI as a Tool for Teaching and Learning (2 of 4)
- November 7-8 - Vision 2030 at the California Forestry Workforce Summit in Anderson
- November 16-18 – Vision 2030 at the Academic Senate for California Community Colleges (ASCCC) Fall Plenary Session in Costa Mesa
- November 16-18 – Vision 2030 at the California Community College League of California 2023 Annual Convention in Indian Wells
- October 4 - System Webinar Vision 2030: A focus on Climate Action
- October 5 & 6 - Vision 2030: A focus on Adult Learners at the Innovation, Equity and Workforce development Summit in San Diego
- October 5 & 6 - Vision 2030 at the Chief Student Services Officers (CSSO) Association Fall 2023 Symposium in San Francisco
- October 16 - Vision 2030 at the "Success with Equity; Our Time is Now - Creating Belonging for Undocumented Students" Conference in Fresno
- October 18 - Vision 2030 – Leveraging the Power of Partnerships in Santa Clarita
- October 18-20 – Vision 2030 at the California Community College Association for Occupational Education (CCCAOE) Fall 2023 Conference in Palm Springs
- October 20 - Vision 2030 at the Central Valley Higher Education Consortium in Fresno
- October 24 - Vision 2030 Summit: A Focus on Workforce and Economic Development at Santa Ana College
- October 26 – Vision 2030 at the Chief Information Officers (CIO) Conference in San Diego
- September 6 - System Webinar Vision 2030: A focus on Economic Mobility
- September 14 - Vision 2030 Town Hall for Faculty..
- September 15 - Vision 2030 with a focus on Ninth Grade to Baccalaureate attainment at the California Coalition of Early and Middle Colleges (CCEMC) Dual Enrollment Summit
- September 18 to 20 - Vision 2030 in Washington, D.C.
- September 21 - Discussion with Consultation Council on relevant updates to Vision 2030
- September 22 - Vision 2030 at the Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility Institute in San Diego
- September 25 - Generative AI in Higher Education Webinar - Overview and Introduction to Generative AI (1 of 4)
- September 26 - Vision 2030 presented to the Board of Governors as an action item with plan for implementation and continued statewide engagement
- August 1 - Vision 2030: A focus on Apprenticeship Pathways. A joint meeting with the Labor Agency
- August 2 - System Webinar Vision 2030: A Roadmap for California Community Colleges
- August 9 - Vision 2030 priority items event at Southwestern College
- August 10 - Vision 2030 priority items at East Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD)
- August 17 - Discussion with Consultation Council on Vision 2030
- August 29 - Vision 2030 Event in Sacramento from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. (RSVP required)
- August 31 - Vision 2030 Report Submission to the Governor’s Office and Legislature on the alignment of our system goals to statewide goals
- July 6 - Vision 2030: Chancellor’s Office, Community College League of California and Foundation for California Community Colleges planning session
- July 12 - Vision 2030: Ninth to baccalaureate completion event at Los Rios Community College District
- July 17 - Vision 2030: Chief Information Officer Board Meeting
- July 20 - Discussion with Consultation Council on preliminary Vision 2030 goals, metrics and actions
- July 23 - Vision 2030: Discussion with the California School Employees Association (CSEA)
- July 24 - Board of Governor's Meeting – Preliminary Vision 2030 Draft as informational item and release of landing page to collect statewide feedback
- June 1 - CEO Roundtable to identify priorities for the California Community Colleges
- June 2 - Vision 2030: Chancellor’s Office, Community College League of California and Foundation for California Community Colleges planning session
- June 15 - Initial discussion with Consultation Council on Vision 2030 Preliminary Outline
- June 16 - Initial discussion with Community College League of California Chief Executive Officer and Trustee Boards on Vision 2030 Preliminary Outline
- June 27 - Vision 2030: Climate Summit at West Los Angeles College
- June 28 - Vision 2030: 9th Grade to Baccalaureate Intersegmental Collaboration at Long Beach City College
Vision 2030 Report
All families, students and workers deserve the freedom to succeed: to build real-life skills and pursue careers.
— Gov. Gavin Newsom
Share Your Thoughts
Tell us what you think of Vision 2030 — provide your input regarding the Vision 2030 Roadmap for California Community Colleges.