The California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office recognizes the importance of safeguarding the privacy of individual personal information. We collect and retain personal information from individuals using our website, and personal information (i.e., student data) from other sources that is provided to us as authorized by applicable law.
This Statement describes the Chancellor’s Office information management and privacy practices as required by the Information Practices Act (Civil Code Section 1798 et seq.), Government Code Sections 11015.5 and 11019.9, and other applicable laws. Consistent with the Information Practices Act, the Chancellor’s Office broadly defines “personal information” as any information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with a particular individual.
We follow the principles listed below when we collect, retain, and disclose individual personal information, including electronically collected personal information.
- Limit data collection and retention of personal information to Chancellor’s Office policies and practices allowed by law.
- Disclose to individuals why and how their personal information is collected and retained.
- Disclose personal information only when disclosure is authorized by law.
- Allow individuals to review personal information and correct its accuracy or completeness.
- Develop polices to protect and safeguard personal individual information collected and retained by us or our agents, including polices that protect against the loss or destruction and unauthorized access or disclosure of personal data.
- Maintain clear responsibilities for the protection of personal information, including those of a Privacy Program Coordinator responsible for overseeing the Chancellor’s Office privacy program.
- Use electronic personal information collected from individuals using our website as follows:
- Use Google Analytics to help understand how individuals interact with the website. Individuals can choose not to have their data used by Google Analytics by downloading an opt-out browser add-on.
- Use tracking methods that may grant access and use of analytics to our partners as allowed by law.
- Inform individuals of their right to have any electronically collected personal information deleted. Please see “Email Us” below to request.
Email us to request access to your records, report any inaccuracies, provide comments, request deletions, or file complaints related to privacy or personal information access requests.
Last Reviewed: October 27, 2022