Welcome to the Office of the General Counsel. Among our services, we:
- Provide legal counsel to the Board of Governors of the California Community Colleges, the chancellor and Chancellor’s Office staff as requested.
- Draft and review proposed legislation and regulations.
- Review contracts and grants entered into by the agency.
- Coordinate with the state Attorney General’s Office in litigation where the Board of Governors is a party.
- Anticipate the need for and recommend new legal policy.
- Provide advice and assistance to community college district officials on interpreting or implementing laws affecting community colleges.