Welcome to the Office of the General Counsel. We provide legal counsel to the Chancellor and Board of Governors of the California Community Colleges. We also provide guidance and assistance to community college district officials on the interpretation and implementation of laws affecting the community colleges.
On these pages, you will find information related to:
- Pending regulatory actions affecting California community colleges;
- The Equal Employment Opportunity program;
- Procedures for students or employees of a community college district for filing complaints alleging unlawful discrimination;
- Guidelines for Requesting Public Records;
- Contracting with the California community colleges;
- Legal advisories and opinions; and
- Information on Service of Process.