The Governmental Relations division represents the Chancellor and the Board on state and federal policy and advocacy matters. The California Community Colleges Vision for Success, the Board of Governors Budget and Legislative Request, and prior Board positions guide the activities of the division. In general, the Governmental Relations division seeks feedback from the Consultation Council and the Board prior to taking positions on pending policy matters.
The California State Legislature reconvened from Winter Recess on January 11th. A number of bills contain placeholder or intent language, and their impact on our system is currently unclear. Over the next several weeks, the Assembly and Senate will introduce hundreds of new bills and will begin to conduct committee hearings on pending legislation. February 19th is the last day for bills to be introduced.
State Governmental Relations Resources
- California Assembly Higher Education Committee
- California Assembly Education Committee
- California Assembly Appropriations Committee
- California Senate Education Committee
- California Senate Appropriations Committee
- Official California Legislative Information
- Foundation for California Community Colleges
- Community College League of California
- Academic Senate for California Community Colleges
- Faculty Association of California Community Colleges
- California Legislative Analyst's Office
- The Research and Planning Group for California Colleges