The links on this page take you off of the Chancellor's Office website to the Education Code, title 5 regulations, legislative bills, Attorney General pamphlets and opinions and California legal resources that are maintained by other entities.
- Education Code -- Use this link if you know the section number(s) you are looking for, or if you wish to see an index of the entire Education Code; otherwise use the "All California Codes" link below.
- Government Code -- Use this link if you know the section number(s) you are looking for, or if you wish to see an index of the entire Government Code; otherwise use the "All California Codes" link below..
- All California Codes -- Use this link to conduct searches if you do not know the exact section number(s), or to look for other California Codes.
- California Codes -- alternative to the above link, also hosted by the State Legislature.
The Board of Governors´ Regulations are published in the California Code of Regulations, Title 5, Division 6. These regulations can be accessed from a Web site maintained by the West Publishing Company for the Office of Administrative Law.
- Main link -- official state web portal for California regulations.
- Shortcut -- If you already know the number of the regulation you are looking for, here is a shortcut. Note: The correct title for the Board of Governors' regulations is title "5," and not title "V." If you are having trouble gaining access, try refreshing your browser.
California Legislative Bills
- From the Legislative Counsel´s Web site: 1993 to present: Legislative bills, status, history, reports.
- Historical archives: from the California State Assembly, Office of the Chief Clerk.
California Attorney General
Federal Legislative Information
U.S. Supreme Court Cases
Federal Law, United States Code (USC)
Federal Regulations, Code of Federal Regulations (CFR)
This page contains links to legal resources created by the Chancellor's Office, including links to legal opinions, advisories, guidelines and other resources.
Legal Opinions. This link will take you to the Legal Opinions page on this web site.
Legal Advisories. This link will take you to the Legal Advisories page on this web site.
2010 Student Fee Handbook (printable) - in PDF or Word
Subject Index 2008: Index to Education Code, Title 5, Standing Orders and Legal Opinions and Advisories
Available in PDF (Printable) or Word
Standing Orders of the Board of Governors.
California/Nevada Interstate Attendance Agreement (S. Lake Tahoe College & W. Nevada College)
- Requesting Legal Advice and Opinions - in PDF or Word
- Minimum Conditions Complaints - in PDF or Word
- Public Records Act - in PDF or Word
- Personnel Commissions - in PDF or Word
- AB 540: Legal Advisory 07-01 (December 2007): Revised Guidelines and Information on AB 540 Exemption from Nonresident Tuition - in PDF or Word