The mission of the Strategic Projects unit (formerly Telecommunications and Technology unit) is to provide quality leadership by defining systemwide telecommunication and technology policy and standards to the Colleges. The Unit provides communications support for the delivery of systemwide data, satellite, video, and voice communications. The Unit also provides learning support in the areas of technology training and online learning.
The Strategic Projects Unit is responsible for:
- The oversight and funding of system wide technology programs, including: @ONE, CCCApply, CCCTran, 3C Media Solutions, CCCConfer, CVC, Cal-PASS Plus, and the CCC Technology Center.
- Membership and governance in CENIC, which provides to the community colleges and other educational segments access to high speed internet via its CalREN network; which also includes access to Internet 2 and National LambdaRail (NLR).
- Allocation of Telecommunications and Technology Infrastructure Program funds to the community colleges to support library technology and educational computing / network related costs.
- CCC Technology Award program administration and co-sponsorship with the Foundation for California Community Colleges (FCCC).
- Coordination with the FCCC and CENIC on shared initiatives.
- AA18-09 Memo Announcing the CVC-OEI RFA
- California Virtual Campus - Online Education Initiative Request for Applications Dated 3/8/18
- Memo: Communications Policies & Protocols; Branding Improvements - Dated 12/28/2017
- Notification of Intent to Award the TTIP - CCC Technology Center Grant to Butte-Glenn CCD
- Notification of Intent to Award the TTIP - CCC TechConnect Grant to Palomar CCD
- RFA for the TTIP CCC Technology Center Program
- RFA for the TTIP CCC TechConnect Program
- Amended Notification of Solicitation of Interest for Telecommunication and Technology Infrastructure Program (CCC Technology Center)
- Amended Notification of Solicitation of Interest for Telecommunication and Technology Infrastructure Program (CCC TechConnect)
- Notification of Intent to Award the Institutional Effectiveness and Technical Assistance Program Grant to Santa Clarita CCD
- Systemwide Circuit Upgrade Schedule
- RFA for Institutional Effectiveness and Technical Assistance Program
- Online Education Initiative
The Online Education Initiative will develop an online course exchange that will enable students from any participating college to enroll in and complete a course from another participating college and easily apply that course towards completion of a degree at their home college.
- Common Assessment Initiative
The goal of the Common Assessment Initiative (CAI) is to develop a comprehensive, common assessment system that will reduce unnecessary remediation, align to state legislation, and provide statewide efficiencies for the academic placement process within and between California colleges all of which will ultimately benefit student success.
- Education Planning Initiative
This initiative will develop the transcript, articulation, and curriculum inventory elements necessary to facilitate existing college Education Planning and Degree Audit Systems. For those colleges without these systems, a low/no cost Education Planning and Degree Audit solution will be made available.
- TTIP Annual Report 2011-2012
- Current Telecom Grant Award Information